All Godbolé Gear products come with a warranty against defects in materials and workmanship, for a period of three years from the date of purchase subject to responsible use.
During this warranty period, a defective product will be repaired free of charge. If repairs are not possible, we will replace the item with an alternative item. Please note that the replaced alternative may not be identical since our leather supply varies over time. Shipping costs will be borne by the seller.
Beyond the three year period, any servicing or repairs will be chargeable based on the repair work required. Return shipping costs will be borne by the buyer.
What is considered a defect: While extremely unlikely, broken stitches, broken buckles, broken rivets, leather ripping apart along stitches or joints are considered defects
What is NOT considered a defect: Natural variation in the structure of the leather (density is different at different points in the hide), marks on leather inherent to full grain leather (these occur due to scars acquired over the life of an animal), natural color variation from product to product due to vegetable-tanned leather and natural dyes – these are hallmarks of authentic full grain leather and NOT defects. Similarly, the leather surface can develop cracks over the years, if not conditioned periodically. This is also not considered a defect.
What does responsible use mean?
- Use your leather product as intended. For e.g. If you own a wallet designed to hold four cards, and you decide you really must start carrying more cards, please choose from one of our other designs. Exceeding a product’s specification can greatly reduce its life.
- Don’t expose it to heat. Leather dries up and can crack if left in high heat environments for extended periods of time. E.g. in a hot car.
- Don’t try to test if it’s waterproof. It’s not. While the exterior of the leather has some resistance to water, if leather stays in water, it can shrink and may lose shape.
- Use common sense! Don’t throw it in the sea, dump it in a vat of chlorine or give it to your dog as a chew toy; the list could go on…
- Show the leather some love! Every 6 months or whenever the leather begins to look dirty or dry:
- Wipe the leather down with a soft, clean and damp cloth to get rid of dust and dirt.
- DO NOT clean with household cleaners like bleach/Clorox/Colin etc.!
- Dab a little bit of olive oil on a clean soft cloth and lightly apply it on the surface of the leather in a circular motion. Remember a little goes a long way
Read the complete CARE INSTRUCTIONS to keep your leather product in top shape.
Warranty does not cover any type of damage caused by neglect or misuse (e.g. cracking leather due to exposure to high heat environments, shrunken leather due to exposure to water, abrasion due to harsh cleaning agents etc.), accidental damages (e.g. a truck running over it) or purely cosmetic damage (such as scratched leather).
Godbolé Gear reserves the right to change the above mentioned terms & conditions of warranty without prior notice. The warranty terms applicable to your purchase will be as per those mentioned in your product information guide, in force as of your order date.
Your leather product needs care and attention occasionally. You can ensure it stays in good condition by following our care instructions; or you could send it to us for expert conditioning, for a small fee. Also, should your product be damaged due to any accident, misuse or neglect, you could always turn to us for help. We will assess the damage, let you know if it is repairable and the charges, if any. Shipping costs both ways will be borne by you.